Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Annotated Reflection

WALT: write an annotated reflection showing judgement, opinion and analysis.


SC:
  1. Use past verbs that shows mental processes i.e think, wondered, guessed…..
  2. Use the helped/hindered box to structured your writing.
  3. Must inform the audience how you improved or did not improve.
  4. Must provide examples and explanation on why you became a better writer or not.
. . .  MY WRITING PROGRESS IN TERM TWO . . .
During term two, we focused on narrative writing. At first I didn’t quite get the hang of narrative writing, until Miss Simeon started giving us, level 4 and 5 narrative story exemplars. These exemplars made me understand a lot more than I knew because of this I was able to write three narrative writings. In writing I know how to write recounts, reflection and now narratives.
When we had pen and paper, I think that I was below in writing but now that the chromebooks are here I have improved in writing by miles.
I think that our new Read & Write app helped me a lot because when it reads my story to me, I can pick up grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes. I also think that letting a buddy or Miss Simeon read my story is great, as they give me helpful comments on what would make my writing more interesting or better. When I read their comments I would go back and edit my story to make it better.
A few days later we had to write a one thousand word narrative story. I thought that I could never finish this in time, but when Miss Simeon showed us how to make a story plan that helped us to choose the settings, the characters, sequence of the story, conflict, resolution, exposition, and climax. I found out I could achieve this writing task.
I think that I have improved in my writing during term two because I can write for longer lengths and I can make my story more interesting.








2 comments:

  1. Cool work Jullz:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie-ann what a good piece of writing you have.
    good work keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.